Friday, August 25, 2006

Forbes: How to Justify Male Inadequacy

Apparently Forbes has a problem with men marrying career women. This story proves just how ridiculous a well-respected publication can look when they choose to misinterpret statistical realtionships. Correlation and causation are two different things!

"...the more successful she is the more likely she is to grow dissatisfied with you."

Hmmm...call me crazy...but maybe this has something to do with the guy? I'll bet maybe she's dissatisfied with the husband because he can't adequately deal with her success.

Since I fit the authors' description of a "career girl," I am a terrible potential mate. Also, I will soon receive my masters degree, meaning that I am "1.75 more likely to have cheated than those with high school diplomas." Funny, I never cheated on any boyfriend in the past...but suddenly my completion of additional courses will make me more likely to cheat. I am also more likely to cheat simply because I have a job and statistically speaking, I am simply unable to control myself around my co-workers. Whether or not I decide to have children, I will be unhappy about that decision.

So guys, watch out! I will most likely be a crappy wife!

So the moral of the story is guys, stay away. Ya don't want to marry a "career girl" like myself. Go find an uneducated, unemployed bimbo to bake you cookies after work and pop out some babies. Your marriage will last, just say bye-bye to intelligent conversations!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs intelligent conversation at home when you can get that at work?

And could it possibly be that women who stay home with the kids tend to have more traditional values and hence, tend to get divorced less?

No... of course not.

August 25, 2006 10:27 AM  
Blogger Miss Trashahassee said...

Interesting post.

Reckon everybody is entitled to 2 cents' worth; that's what it's all about. What everybody needs to remember is that someone's opinion is just that: an opinion. An opinion doesn't mean something's so.

I look back at stuff I wrote 20 years ago and ask myself, "Did I write that? That's how I looked at stuff? I thought that? Lordy mercy, I'm glad I kicked my dumb butt.

Now I write stuff that don't make no hill-o-beans sense just for fun.

August 27, 2006 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home