Tuesday, July 25, 2006

CP+B Envy

First thing - I'm so happy that someone I don't know commented yesterday! woohoo! I totally disagree with him - the Brawny webisodes are great. Maybe b/c I really dislike reality television and they poke fun at it. I guess we'll just agree to disagree!

Now I have to rant a little. I just saw the new Adweek and the reader survey about which agencies are the best, worst, most/least creative, etc. It reminded me a little of that section of your high school yearbook. You know, the one that has the "Most likely to succeed" and "Best dressed." CP+B made the list an overwhelming amount of times - they were 'crowned' most competitve, creative, best reputation, most like a sweatshop, most like a playground, most high profile, most likely to thrive under pressure, most likely to succeed, best at branded entertainment, best at integrated campaigns, most likely to take risks, shop with the best reel, most competent, and most likely to never settle.

Whew!

That's like the homecoming queen getting the "smartest," "friendliest," "most likely to succeed," "best dressed," "most athletic," and "best overall." That's not fair!

Now I'll admit, a part of me lusts to work at CP+B. But why are we all so obsessed? I mean, I'm really getting tired of those BK ads. And other shops do really creative work. Thoughts?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are those that get awards for being creative and then there are those that are just creative!

July 27, 2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you're REALLY in the blogosphere - you have comment spam! :)

I think CP+B gets all the awards because they have the spotlight. Press begets press, and attention begets praise.

There are certainly other firms doing great work.... but when was the last time any of them were on the cover of Business Week, thus reminding us who they are? Exactly.

Jake

July 28, 2006 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home