Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Since when is TP a USP?

Today I heard - quite possibly - the worst radio commercial. Of course, nothing beats car spots but as far as thought-out, properly produced commercials go this one takes the cake.

Poor Paul's Pourhouse, a Tallahassee watering-hole exclusively reserved for people missing incisors, is the proud advertiser. The spot touts a new gimmick to lure drinkers to this fine establishment. Charmin toilet paper will now be stocked in the ladies room on Tuesday night (the weekly ladies night). Yes, only Tuesday night. Any other night of the week you can expect to simply 'shake.'

If that promotion wasn't weird enough (yea, I get that "Penny Pitchers" was already taken, but toilet paper? Seriously?), the rational is that - and I quote - "a dry customer is a happy customer." Ugh. They just lost me as a customer (and they need more of me - what with my teeth and all!). But hey, at least Charmin is getting some free publicity...


If this isn't Charmin, I'm outta here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is hilarious. What radio station did that air on?

August 08, 2007 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home