Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Flexing my copywriting muscles

So I'll probably never be a copywriter, but when my fellow advertising obsessed friend Heather told me of a just-plain-bad birthday gift she recently received, it reminded me of those wonderful Budweiser radio spots and I had to write one for her. So here ya go Heather:

Bud Light Presents: Real American Heroes
(Real American Heroes)
Today we salute you, Mr. Crappy Birthday Gift Giver.
(Mr. Crappy Birthday Gift Giver)
Every year, you're gift is the one we dread: inspirational message pillows, self-help books and that singing fish wall plaque.
(that fish never shuts up)
Leaving aside all common courtesy and taste, your reckless purchases embarrass and force us to lie to your face.
(“Thank you – I love it!”)
No amount of fancy wrapping can hide that re-gift, used gift card or homemade ash tray.
(Put down that glue gun!)
So crack open an ice-cold Bud Light, O King of the $5 DVD bin. Cause when the giving gets tough, you give up.
(Mr. Crappy Birthday Gift Giver...)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... does this make me your muse or something? I inspire such creative genius.

July 31, 2007 8:23 AM  
Blogger michelle marts said...

You've always been my muse! Awww

July 31, 2007 2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I can totally imagine that back up guy on the radio.

September 11, 2007 11:22 PM  
Blogger michelle marts said...

Aaron Hampton - is this the Aaron I dated a while back? If so, hope you're doing well! :)

September 21, 2007 1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why yes it is. I thought I would drop a comment to let you know that I still think about you. It seems like you are doing incredible and I'm very happy for you. Congratulations on the purchase of your home. I'm doing good in WPB, working and going for my MBA at Nova. Hope to hear from you soon.

September 27, 2007 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home